(Permanent, Full-time position) – Applications Closed
LiveDifferent was established as a Canadian charity in 2000 and began working internationally since 2005. From the very beginning, we have been passionate about making a difference in the lives of the people we encounter through our youth programs, our humanitarian outreach programs, and our leadership development opportunities. We have grown over the years, but one thing will never change: our commitment to inspiring and empowering youth to live a lifestyle of compassion and service.
Director of International Programs
This position is responsible for overseeing and facilitating LiveDifferent’s programs (LiveDifferent Builds, LiveDifferent Academy, and LiveDifferent Projects) in the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Thailand and Haiti.
- Recruit, hire, and train staff and long-term volunteers as needed
- Directly support program managers via team meetings and weekly one-on-one meetings
- Provide coaching, and support to team members as needed
- Conduct job retrospectives with team members
- Sensitively manage incidents as they arise. Examine incident reports for trends and manage risk appropriately.
- Conduct offboarding process with departing team members
LiveDifferent Builds and Academy
- Work with the team to recruit volunteers/groups, manage schedules, plan itineraries, and facilitate programming.
- Work with team and international communities to ensure responsible development practices that are aligned with LiveDifferent’s Development Model.
- Provide strategy and oversight to project approval and follow-up processes in each community LiveDifferent operates in.
- Review feedback from volunteers/students and report back to the team to make adjustments as needed.
- Current projects include the Trades Learning Center in Mexico, a School in Haiti, and the Freedom Village in Haiti
- Provide oversight and support to all projects, teams, and operations.
Financial and Legal
- Participate in creating annual program budgets and provide monthly oversight and reporting on budgets.
- Be familiar with, and operate within the employment laws in the different countries of operations.
- Participate in ensuring necessary agency agreements are in place and that LiveDifferent’s international entities (Foundation in the Dominican and Civil Association in Mexico) are up to date and operating within the laws of each applicable country.
- Oversee international infrastructures such as vehicles and buildings.
- Participate as a member of LiveDifferent’s director’s team that provides operational and strategic leadership.
- Contribute to general staff leadership (ie. mentorship, organization culture, etc).
- Assist with new and existing external relationships and partnerships
Position hiring for:
Director of International Programs
Canada (remote/work from home) & travel required
$80,000 – $90,000 with extended medical and dental plan, and flexible retirement savings matching program.
- Thorough understanding of international development in general and LiveDifferent’s development model specifically
- Post-secondary degree in International Development or related field.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and sensitively
- Strong collaborative approach, patient, big-picture thinker yet detail-oriented
- Clear communicator
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once
- Ability to understand general contracts, construction processes, and vehicle/building maintenance.
- Ability to identify trends and develop strategies to address challenges and risks
- Verbal proficiency in a second language (Spanish, French, Creole) is an asset
Travel and Requirements
- This position will require approximately 12-16 weeks of international and national travel per year. Length of trips are usually 4-12 days long.
- A valid passport, drivers license, and successful completion of a criminal record check and vulnerable sector screening checks are required for this position.
Applications are now closed for this position.
We are committed to creating a workplace that is reflective of the communities in which we work. We encourage submissions from applicants who share the values of the organization and who may contribute to a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and ideas.
LiveDifferent encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request.
Individuals selected for an interview will be contacted as applications are received. We thank all individuals who apply for the position, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Record Check.