Are you an experienced (4+ years) driver that is also mechanically inclined? Does the prospect of touring with an amazing group of individuals all over the country, empowering thousands of students with a sense of purpose, get you excited?
Well, perhaps joining Live Different’s presentation program as the primary driver for our Northern/Indigenous tour is right for you!
Live Different’s presentation program provides schools across Canada with motivational assemblies and supplemental resources that have a lasting impact on the lives of many young people each year. Communicating our positive messages from a platform of high energy (live music, personal stories, videos, etc) and relevance to what students are dealing with in life, Live Different supports 300+ schools from September to May, reaching over 100,000 students annually!
Our Road Team 3, that tours to Indigenous communities, spends extra time (usually 2 days total) in each community doing additional workshops, concerts and programming.
We are looking for someone with 4+ years of driving experience, with some experience and skills in vehicle repair, maintenance and troubleshooting, and who ultimately align with Live Different’s goal of inspiring students with a sense of value, hope, and purpose.
The Opportunity of a Lifetime:
This well-established program provides the opportunity to work with a team of 6-9 interns and musicians, to positively impact the lives of thousands of students each year, and tour the country, creating life-long relationships with other like-minded world changers. Live Different’s presentation program is all about developing young leaders, reaching thousands of young people who really need a positive message, and having a great time as we grow together. Pretty cool, right?
- Primary driver (there are other drivers that help drive)
- Ensuring safe operation and maintenance of tour vehicle (Mercedes Sprinter with an enclosed trailer)
- Conduct daily and weekly pre-trip inspections
- Coordinating vehicle repairs
- Repairing vehicle or trailer when mechanic shops are not accessible.
- Full team member, that helps with any/all aspects of the presentation and programming in schools
- Assisting the Road Team Leader with presentation, team dynamics, troubleshooting, etc while on tour
- Potential speaking or other role(s) within presentation
Position Details and Requirements
- Volunteer position
- $1250/month stipend provided
- Full-time travel is involved (Tours run Jan to May, and Sept to Dec)
- Costs (food/accommodations) are covered while touring.
- Must have valid driver’s license, with over 4 years of driving experience.
- Familiarity and a solid level of experience/skill with mechanical repair, maintenance and troubleshooting is required (ie. you don’t have to be a “professional” mechanic, but need to be able to problem solve)
- Bus or heavy truck license is preferred, but not required
- Must have positive/fun/professional/persevering attitude