Are you passionate about serving others and seeing lives changed? Do you want to invest yourself and your abilities into a heartfelt team and vibrant charity organization that is poised to make an even greater impact on our world?
We are currently are looking to fill the role of Manager of Operations, Mexico. This vacancy offers a unique opportunity for the right person to join an established charitable organization with a passionate team, committed partners and enthusiastic volunteers.
Manager of Operations, Mexico
Manager of Operations, Mexico is responsible for the overall direction and facilitation of Live Different’s Programs in Mexico.
As the Manager of Operations, you will share and live the vision, values, and goals of Live Different with all staff, volunteers, local leaders, and community members. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish.
The Manager of Operations, Mexico will have a flexible work schedule and, while living in Mexico, will be expected to travel regularly to San Diego and, as needed, to Canada for other Live Different meetings/events.
- Position Hiring for: Manager of Operations, Mexico
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Location: Vicente Guerrero, Baja California, Mexico
- Salary: $36,400 – $44,200
- Team Leadership: Full alignment with Servant Leadership.
- Community Development: Oversee Live Different’s development work in Mexico.
- Project Management: Execute construction projects with appropriate volunteer engagement.
- Financial Management: Be responsible for overall financial management and reporting.
- Vehicle and Property Management: Manage all company vehicles and property.
- Safety: Ensure the safety of all staff and volunteers.
- Program Facilitation: General hosting and facilitation of Live Different’s Build and Academy programs.
- Knowledge of and alignment with the values of Servant Leadership
- Fluency in Spanish
- Valid driver’s licence for a coach bus with air brake endorsement.
- Team leadership experience
- Construction experience
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Similar hands-on international experience
- Valid passport, and ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- Valid First-Aid Certificate
- Self-motivated, resilient, kind and compassionate
- Able to prioritize and organize work efficiently
- Great sense of humour
- Competent in computer software (email, spreadsheets, word processors)
- Basic fleet management
Accepting applications until Friday, June 28th, 2018 at midnight.
Individuals selected for an interview will be contacted as applications are received.
We thank all individuals who apply for the position but only select candidates will be contacted.