Are you passionate about serving others and seeing lives changed? Do you want to invest yourself and your abilities into a heartfelt team and vibrant charity organization that is poised to make an even greater impact on our world?
We are currently looking to fill the role of Technology Specialist. This vacancy offers a unique opportunity for the right person to join an established charitable organization with a passionate team, committed partners and enthusiastic volunteers.
The Technology Specialist will oversee and assist with LiveDifferent’s technical/IT projects, systems and strategies. From Salesforce CRM development and administration to general computer needs, they will be able to quickly learn and work within a variety of different platforms and software environments/languages. Through training, developing documentation and support, they will help staff be able to understand and succeed with the tools and systems they work with.
Position hiring for:
Oct 18, 2021
Canada (remote office)
$58,000 to $65,000
Responsibilities and Duties:
Salesforce administration and development
– Setup, configuration and coding for major Salesforce reconfiguration
– Develop requirements or features requested by colleagues (understand the need, draft the specs, confirm the plan, code the solution, train on use)
Website administration and development
– Work with WordPress and PHP for website maintenance and enhancements
Strategy and solutions for technical projects
– Assist with identifying potential solutions and strategies and inform the planning process
– Manage or oversee various technical or IT projects. This includes working with staff or stakeholders to understand project requirements.
LiveDifferent mobile app
– Assist with administration/management of upcoming LiveDifferent mobile app platform
Software systems management and tech support
– Oversee general maintenance, training and implementation of LiveDifferent’s suite of software tools. (eg. Gmail/Google workspace, Trello, Discord, Frontapp, Salesforce, WordPress, Formassembly, etc)
– Support with LiveDifferent/staff computers
– Provide consultation and support to program teams to ensure the tech related to programs operates smoothly.
– This position, depending on candidate, may potentially assist with creative media (eg. video or sound editing) and audio-visual equipment needs
– Broad technical expertise and problem-solving skills
– Ability to quickly become proficient with a variety of technical programs and skillsets
– Can speak “Tech” and “non-Tech” to bridge conversations among staff
– Exacting attention to detail
– Manage multiple priorities and projects on schedule
– Creative, curious and interested in all things tech and how it applies to the organization
– Ability to see the whole picture and think synergistically
– Clear and effective written and oral communication style
Very valuable to have:
– Experience with Salesforce CRM administration/configuration
– Experience with Salesforce development (Apex, Visualforce, Lightning)
– Experience with WordPress administration and PHP coding
Nice to have:
– Experience with creative media tools (video editing, sound production, etc.)
– Experience with AV equipment, cameras. Etc.
– Other coding or software development experience
Accepting applications until Sept 24, 2021.
Individuals selected for an interview will be contacted as applications are received. We thank all individuals who apply for the position, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Record Check.
We are committed to creating a workplace that is reflective of the communities in which we work. We encourage submissions from applicants who share the values of the organization and who may contribute to a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request.