Delivery of aid to Haiti
Your kindness made a difference! Our Haitian friends needed to know that they are not forgotten, and thanks to the kindness and sacrifice of so many of you, we were not only able to help them out right now, but we are able to help them begin to rebuild for a stronger future. Thank you for responding to those who need it most. We are honored to be able to deliver aid and compassion that was made possible by the friends of LiveDifferent (formerly Absolute).
[flashvideo filename=videos/thedelivery.flv width=500 height=300 image=img/thedelivery.png /]
- January 15 – We arrived in Port-au-Prince to assist the orphanages which we support. We spent Ã¯Â¬Âve days helping and assessing the best ways we could be a support to both them and the families which they are now helping to survive.
- January 21 – We reached out to our LiveDifferent (formerly Absolute) network to assist in helping those we are connected with in Port-au-Prince and you responded with compassion and love.
- February 3 – We left for Port-au-prince with the first $10,000 raised for Haiti through LiveDifferent (formerly Absolute). In The Dominican Republic we Ã¯Â¬Âlled a commercial truck with approx. $8,000 worth of aid.
- February 5th – We were delivering the aid to the orphanages and tent cities.
Aid supplies (approximately)
- 200 cases of water
- 400 packs of rice
- 400 bottles of oil
- 400 bags of ban
- 600 bars of soap
- 1000 pack of soup mix
- 900 roles of toilet paper
- 1000 packs of cookies and crackers
- 6 cases of milk
- 600 packs of pasta
- 400 small bags of detergent
- 300 cans of sardines
- 900 bags if corn mix
- 5 Large tarps
- 2 tents
- 6 Large boxes of medical supplies. (donated by servant heart min.)
- 4 boxes of clothes (donated by Servant’s Heart Ministries)
- 500 candles
- 2200 Honda generator
Other Giving and Expenses
- $1600 went to support the orphanage (orphanage staff, orphanage vehicle maintenance, baby supplies and orphanage bills)
- $400 went to pay translators, travel expenses, border fees, and other misc. items needed for this project
The Aid was divided into 4 different places: two different tent towns, the orphanage and a displacement camp.
Most of the tent towns we delivered aid to hadn’t seen any aid yet. LiveDifferent (formerly Absolute) is now preparing for our Hero Holiday in Haiti for May. We will also be working with participants on the boys orphanage, installing doors, building a kitchen and replacing a roof on the children’s school.