(FILLED) School Liason Job Posting – April 2013
NOTE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!
LiveDifferent was established as a Canadian charity in 2000. From the very beginning we have been passionate about making a difference in the lives of the people we encounter through our high school presentations, our humanitarian outreach programs, and our leadership development opportunities. We have grown over the years, but one thing will never change: our commitment to inspiring those around us to embrace hope and change, starting with their own lives.
To “LiveDifferent” is to embrace a lifestyle of caring for people, not “stuff”. It starts with the everyday choices we make:
- to pour into at least one social issue or cause that we are passionate about
- to daily seek out opportunities to show kindness toward others
- to live simply, as our choices impact our global community
LiveDifferent’s Motivational Presentation has emerged as the most popular school assembly in Canada’s public, Catholic, and independent schools. LiveDifferent offers a live, concert-style, school-wide motivational assembly and supplementary workshops, presenting programs and resources that focus on how every person has value, and stirring students to take immediate action to make a positive difference in their world. Our presentations also create the forum to invite students to participate in a Hero Holiday humanitarian relief trip, giving them a tangible hands-on opportunity to show compassion and to meet the needs of others.
The School Liaison position is LiveDifferent’s connection point with middle and secondary schools all across Canada, facilitating the booking and scheduling of our school tours. It requires an organized person with a strong sales focus/skillls, initiative to think strategically and logically, and who is passionate about the overall values and programs of LiveDifferent.
We are looking for a person with a proven track record in sales, as this position involves making outbound sales calls and email campaigns, and managing a large number of accounts. We are looking for someone who will enjoy the responsibility of this type of sales/administrative position, and will find personal fulfillment in this role and in making a contribution to the bigger picture of our mission. While there is always room for advancement within LiveDifferent as the organization grows, we are looking for a person who will be an enthusiastically dedicated School Liason for the long term.
This position includes the following:
- Full time salary position (40 hour work week)
- Office located in beautiful downtown Hamilton
- Free Parking
- Health Benefits
- Daily supply of fair trade coffee!
- Opportunity to be a valued team member in a fun and collaborative work environment
- Sales communication with schools all across Canada for the purpose of booking presentations and Keynote Speakers
- Receive and care for inbound inquires regarding the LiveDifferent Presentation/Keynote
- Outbound sales calls to schools to ‘sell’ them the presentation/keynote
- Email communication with schools (for sales and maintenance of current contacts)
- Manage contracting, invoicing, and client support through booking process
- Ensure accurate and consistent input of information/data into sales software
- Assist in strategically planning efficient touring schedules for the Road Teams
- Supporting and providing accurate information for the Road Team Managers as they are touring
- Experience in sales and marketing
- Experience as a customer service representative
- Strong administrative capabilities – organized, task-oriented, with good attention to detail, and calm under pressure
- Above-average knowledge of IT/Computers
- Experience with Salesforce CRM an asset
- Knowledge of Canadian geography, experience planning Canada-wide tours
- Design and Marketing Skills are an asset
- Education or experience with youth work
Either mid-May OR late-July 2013